[sane-devel] Xsane 0.92: make fails with /bin/sh: no: command not found

Laurent-jan Dullaart ljm@xs4all.nl
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:50:48 +0200

Hi,

As a part of rejuvenating the FAQ, I went through rhe installation process
again. My first dissapointment was the need to upgrade GIMP if I wanted to
compile the sane-frontends as GIMP plug-in. Oh, well...

But more seriously: when compiling the xsane 0.92, I got the message:

file=./`echo cs | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
  && rm -f $file && PATH=../src:$PATH no -o $file cs.po
/bin/sh: no: command not found
make: *** [cs.gmo] Error 127

Browsing through the mailinglist, I found that  a
./configure --disable-nls
avoided this errormessage. So I got xsane compiled and running. But it is a
nasty errormessage that should get fixed.

--
(c) ljm ( xs4all)    No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including