[sane-devel] Including the NIASH Backend...

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:20:41 +0200

Hi Ullrich,

thanks for your tests - I will add the backend code ASAP and
mark you in the AUTHORS file as current maintainer.
I'll also put a comment to the .desc file, that ony color scans
are supported.
What about this testtool - will it be needed?
If there is still some ongoing development (which hopefully is ;-)
should get write access to the repository to do the necessary
changes on your own...

Ciao,
  Gerhard

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 08:35, Ullrich Sigwanz wrote:
> Hello Henning, Hello Gerhard
>
> I (developer of in the niash project - ullsig ) tested Gerhard's changes in
> source code.
> I substituted "our" files by Gerhard's files. Our testtool as well as a
> freshly patched sane tree compiled and worked fine.
>
> The changes can be approved.
>
> Here is a short status summary of the project:
>
> All 4 supported Scanners ( HP ScanJet 3300C, 3400C, 4300C and Agfa SnapScan
> Touch ) now work reasonably well as forum posts show
> Only color scans are supported
> The only transfer method is via "libusb". libieee1284-support and
> scanner-kernel-module-support are completely abandoned
> The scanner buttons, the LED-control, and the LCD-Display are not an issue
> of this driver, yet, though they could be in future
>
> Regards
>
> Ullrich
[SNIPSNAP]