[sane-devel] Relatively no-brainer installation instructions: SANE/Epson 2400

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:09:11 -0400

Fedora Core 2 is using a 2.6.x kernel, which does no longer support
the scanner kernel module. You need to use libusb (which is installed).
What you need to do in order to make this scanner work is add this line
to the /etc/sane.d/epson.conf file:

usb

Assuming the hotplug system is setup correctly in Fedora Core 2, it
should just work. If not, you may have to configure hotplugging.
You should however be able to scan as root user.

Karl Heinz