[sane-devel] Relatively no-brainer installation instructions: SANE/Epson 2400

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:17:32 -0400

[ I cc'ed the sane-devel list ]

You don't need a krenel driver for scanners anymore when you use the
libusb
system. That's the reason why /proc/bus/usb/devices does show "none".
That's
OK, and my system does the same.

Did you compile Sane yourself? Then the configuration file may be in
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/ and not in /etc/sane.d. However, it's important
that you only have one Sane version on your system. If Sane was
installed
with FC2, and you also compiled it from sources, you will have two
instances,
and this can and will cause problems with scanners not working.

Karl Heinz