[sane-devel] USB HP Scanjet 6200C & Kernel 2.6.9 Woes

Martin Deppe Martin.Deppe@web.de
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:38:01 +0100

--------------050502060805010409020200

Hi Susan,

I had a look into your fstab and compared it with mine. Maybe you like
to try the different versions of lines I put into the attached file. Let
me know what it results in, Ok?

Good luck
Martin

Susan Keil wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Some clues/symptoms to my problem:
>
>Alternating runs of scanimage -L find and don't find
>my USB scanner.
>
>I think alternating runs of sane-troubleshoot also
>find and don't find my scanner.
>
>Today's log file generated by the tool
>sane-troubleshoot is attached.
>
>Sometimes the sane-troubleshoot program dies with a
>Segmentation Fault.  It starts up again seemingly
>fine.
>
>The last time I ran sane-troubleshoot, it actually got
>as far as trying to do a test scan.  The scanner made
>some noises.  As I understand it, the final error was
>"Error during device I/O"  sane-troubleshoot "thinks"
>this is a backend bug ... or a bug in
>sane-troubleshoot.
>
>I believe I have the most recent everything recently
>installed on my machine.
>
>I've also attached my /etc/fstab as I fear that may be
>somehow wrong.
>
>Please let me hear your suggestions for how I can get
>my scanner set up properly.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Susan

--------------050502060805010409020200