[sane-devel] USB HP Scanjet 6200C & Kernel 2.6.9 Woes

Susan Keil susan_m_keil@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:28:15 -0800 (PST)

--0-1779646603-1103894895=:96128

Martin,

Thanks for your note.  I believe my fstab now looks as
you suggest.  I don't notice any improvement with my
scanner problem though.  It is attached again, just in
case I still have something wrong.

When I run sane-find-scanner, even as root, I get

No USB scanners found. If you expected something
different, make sure that you have loaded a driver for
your USB host controller and have installed a kernel
scanner module.

After a run of sane-find-scanner, syslog includes

modprobe: FATAL: Module sg not found.
modprobe: FATAL: Module ide_scsi already in kernel

I believe the scanner still didn't work when I did
have sg compiled in the kernel.  Maybe I should try
putting it back in?

Thanks for your help.

Susan

--- Martin Deppe <Martin.Deppe@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Susan,
>
> I had a look into your fstab and compared it with
> mine. Maybe you like
> to try the different versions of lines I put into
> the attached file. Let
> me know what it results in, Ok?
>
> Good luck
> Martin

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1779646603-1103894895=:96128

L2Rldi9oZGExIC8gZXh0MiBub2F0aW1lIDEgMQpub25lIC9kZXYvcHRzIGRl
dnB0cyBtb2RlPTA2MjAgMCAwCi9kZXYvc2NkMCAvbW50L2Nkcm9tIGlzbzk2
NjAgZGV2PS9kZXYvY2Ryb20sdXNlcixkZXYsc3VpZCxleGVjIDAgMAovZGV2
L2ZkMCAvbW50L2Zsb3BweSB2ZmF0IG5vYXV0byx1c2VycyAwIDAKL2Rldi9o
ZGE1IHN3YXAgc3dhcCBkZWZhdWx0cyAwIDAKcHJvYyAvcHJvYyBwcm9jIGRl
ZmF1bHRzIDAgMAp1c2JmcyAvcHJvYy9idXMvdXNiIHVzYmZzIG5vYXV0byAw
IDAK

--0-1779646603-1103894895=:96128--