[sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

Jim George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:18:41 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Folks,

I hope someone can help me.

I have purchased the above USB scanner for use on my limited SuSE server.
I have no room for development tools so have been using sane 1.0.13 (rpm
version for SuSE).  Unfortunately it would seem that my kernel doesn't
support this USB scanner as it is a 2.4.19 kernel and the backend home
page says I need 2.4.21 or a new scanner driver.

My problem is that I am unable to compile code so need pre-compiled
versions of code for this scanner to work.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Jim George