[sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:16:10 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:18:41PM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> I have purchased the above USB scanner for use on my limited SuSE server.
> I have no room for development tools so have been using sane 1.0.13 (rpm
> version for SuSE).  Unfortunately it would seem that my kernel doesn't
> support this USB scanner as it is a 2.4.19 kernel and the backend home
> page says I need 2.4.21 or a new scanner driver.

It also says that you can use libusb instead.

> My problem is that I am unable to compile code so need pre-compiled
> versions of code for this scanner to work.  Can anyone help me?

Use libusb. Your RPM was built with support for libusb most probably
anyway. See man sane-usb for how to set permissions.

If it still doesn't work, send the output of "sane-find-scanner -q"
and "SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX=255 scanimage -L".