[sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

Jim George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:11:06 -0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:22:16PM -0800, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
>> Is there a chance this is related to the problem recently
>> caused in Redhat 8.0 and 9 where a change to glibc caused
>> sane-backends to fail to find scanners, because glibc
>> had changed the search order for libraries, and sane-backends
>> had a symlink to a v4l library along the new path and that
>> prevented the usb-aware version of libsane from doing its
>> job?
>
> This may happen for the backends but not for sane-find-scanner as the
> latter doesn't use libsane at all.

Did I tell you that Eddy de Greef compiled a copy of libsane-gt68xx with
libusb support but when I did a ldd on the on the original libsane-gt68xx
it showed no support for libsane.  Does this mean that the 'overall'
pacakage, that I downloaded from the site that supports SuSE, doesn't
support libusb and will therefore not support libusb?

I did try installing a rpm version of kernel 2.4.21 but it overwrites my
2nd PCMCIA wireless card.

Any ideas?

Jim

Jim