[sane-devel] Boeder SmartScan Slim Edition on SuSE

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:57:59 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:11:06PM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> Did I tell you that Eddy de Greef compiled a copy of libsane-gt68xx with
> libusb support but when I did a ldd on the on the original libsane-gt68xx
> it showed no support for libsane.  Does this mean that the 'overall'
> pacakage, that I downloaded from the site that supports SuSE, doesn't
> support libusb and will therefore not support libusb?

It should be enough if libsane-gt68xx.so supports libusb.
sane-find-scanner still won't find your scanner but that doesn't
matter. Just make sure that the version of libsane-gt68xx.so with
libusb support gets actaually loaded.

If "scanimage -L" still doesn't show your scanner, disable everything
but "gt68xx" in dll.conf and send us a log like this:

SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX=255 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 scanimage -L