[sane-devel] Problem with Epslon 1650 + Kernel 2.4.3: no lamp off

Martin Weinberg Martin Weinberg <mdweinberg@comcast.net>
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:52:19 -0500

Folks,

I recently upgraded a Debian Sarge box from Linux 2.6.1 to 2.6.3.
Under 2.6.1, I used the scanner module. Since this is now deprecated
in 2.6.3, I configured libusb.

No problems operating my Epson Perfection 1650, but now, using libusb,
the lamp never powers off!  I also notice that every few minutes, the
status light flashes, as it does when the unit is addressed.  It seems
as if the usb subsystem continues to "probe" the device.  Does anyone
have a clue how to deal with this?  For now, I simply unplug the device
from the bus and then the lamp powers off after its default period.

--Martin