[sane-devel] Problem with Epslon 1650 + Kernel 2.4.3: no lamp off

Martin Weinberg Martin Weinberg <martin.weinberg@comcast.net>
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:59:50 -0500

More info:

If I launch xsane and leave it idle, the scanner will turn the lamp
off after its idle period (10 minutes?).  At this point,
/proc/bus/usb/devices shows the deviced claimed by usbfs.  If I leave
xsane, the front panel button of scanner flashes and the lamp comes
back on (and stays on).  /proc/bus/usb/devices shows the device
unclaimed.

I can't figure out from the docs or the kernel source if khubd will
continually try to associated an unclaimed device with a driver . . .