[sane-devel] Segmentation Fault Encountered when Using FrontEnds with my Backend

Donjon Abobo donjon28@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:15:10 -0800 (PST)

Gerard Klaver wrote:
> More details are needed to get some possible
> reasons.
> Scanner type? pp, usb or scsi ?( with usb vendor and
> product id)
> Which OS, distribution, kernel version?
> sane backend version (scanimage --version)
> frontend versions?
> kernel module scanner or libusb
>
> also maybe the answer is in the sane mailinglist
> archive

Gerard,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am using CCD USB
scanner, on Linux Redhat 8 kernel version 2.4.18-14,
sane backend version 1.0.13 and using xscanimage
version 1.0.11 and xsane version 0.90. Also, I am
using the kernel scanner module. I forget to mention
that the segfault happens once I click the scan button
in Xsane and the preview button in xscanimage.