[sane-devel] Segmentation Fault Encountered when Using FrontEnds with my Backend

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:49:03 -0100

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 17:15, Donjon Abobo wrote:
> Gerard Klaver wrote:
> > More details are needed to get some possible
> > reasons.
> > Scanner type? pp, usb or scsi ?( with usb vendor and
> > product id)
> > Which OS, distribution, kernel version?
> > sane backend version (scanimage --version)
> > frontend versions?
> > kernel module scanner or libusb
> >
> > also maybe the answer is in the sane mailinglist
> > archive
>
> Gerard,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. I am using CCD USB
> scanner, on Linux Redhat 8 kernel version 2.4.18-14,
> sane backend version 1.0.13 and using xscanimage
> version 1.0.11 and xsane version 0.90. Also, I am
> using the kernel scanner module. I forget to mention
> that the segfault happens once I click the scan button
> in Xsane and the preview button in xscanimage.

to make it make more complete
CCD USB scanner, which manufacture and type and which backend do you use

also output from
export SANE_DEBUG_<backendname> = xxx   for example 128 can help
--
m.vr.gr.