[sane-devel] Problems with libusb and Snapscan 1236U (maybe similar to others)

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:47:59 +0100

Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de> wrote:

> There seems to be a general problem with libusb, sane, and kernel 2.6.
> I've got another report from a Snapscan 1212 user with similar
> problems. A user of the epson backend also reported problems.

Lots of people upgrading to the 2.6.3 kernel are switching to libusb
as the scanner module no longer exists, and we've seen a lot of
snapscan/libusb related problems on IRC lately.

Also, I've seen the snapscan backend segfault in usb_write() with an
Epson Perfection 1670. (2.4 kernel, for this one)

I tend to think the problem is limited to the snapscan backend, as
I've seen quite a number of people on IRC using other backends with
libusb and either a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel without problem. Might a general
libusb problem too, that wouldn't be the first time it happens :)

I'll see if I can track down the segfault with the 1670, but it's not
my scanner, not my machine, and I have no physical access (and no
access at all yet). In other words, I'll happily help if I can :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb@jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169