[sane-devel] Problems with libusb and Snapscan 1236U (maybe similar to others)

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage@gmx.de
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:52:10 +0100

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>>There seems to be a general problem with libusb, sane, and kernel 2.6.
>>I've got another report from a Snapscan 1212 user with similar
>>problems. A user of the epson backend also reported problems.
>

> Lots of people upgrading to the 2.6.3 kernel are switching to libusb
> as the scanner module no longer exists, and we've seen a lot of
> snapscan/libusb related problems on IRC lately.

FYI, my Snapscan 1212U_2 works fine with:
- kernel 2.6.3
- backend version 1.0.13
- libusb-0.1.8 (0.1.7 worked as well)

output from
$ scanimage -L:
'device `snapscan:libusb:001:003' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN 1212U_2 flatbed
scanner'

As I have stated earlier, my only problem is that hotplug won't execute
the /etc/hotplug/usb/scanner script at system startup, but that's surely
a hotplug issue.
Klaus