[sane-devel] TWAIN SANE Interface for Mac OS X version 0.3
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:09:11 +0100
Release notes, version 0.3, 2004-01-05
* All mandatory TWAIN operations have been implemented.
* This version has been tested with the OmniPage application.
* New localization: Japanese (Thanks to RedGecko for the contribution).
* Fixed a bug where the TWAIN capability containers were not
* Fixed a bug where the TWAIN image info reported planar rather
than chunky byteorder.
* Black and white images are now sent inverted w.r.t. the previous
version because OmniPage wants it that way and GraphicConverter has an
option that can be set to invert black and white images from TWAIN
sources. With this option set in GraphicConverter the new version works
with both applications.
* Compiled on MacOS X 10.3.2 using the cross-compilation SDKs to
provide binary packages for older versions of MacOS X.
* A patch to the sane-backend package has been applied the work
around the broken implementation of pthread_cancel in MacOS X. With the
patch the test backend works again.
* A new libusb package is provided, since a number of new MacOS X
specific changes have been done in the cvs repository since the last
* sane-backends 1.0.13 (patched), libusb 0.1.8 beta (2004-01-05)
and gettext 0.11.5.
* maciconv 1.0 (for the 10.1 and 10.2 builds only)
The packages are available on http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/
email@example.com tel: +46 18 471 32 58
http://www.tsl.uu.se/~ellert/ fax: +46 18 471 35 13