[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 30 mysteriously stopped working on me in linux

Christopher Marshall christopherlmarshall@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:52:19 -0800 (PST)

I had it working great through libusb on three different linux machines (all running slackware
9.0) for a week or so and now, all of a sudden, it either gives me black scans (vertical bands of
black and white), or it makes a hideous noise (as if it is trying to move the motor in the wrong
direction).

I wondered if perhaps I did something to get the scanner in a wierd state, so I did a scan on a
windows machine (using the software that came with the scanner) and it worked normally.  Then I
put it back on the nearest linux machine and got the same hideous noise.

I'm crushed :-(

Any ideas?