[sane-devel] Cannot set up an EPSON Perfection 2400 PHOTO

khk@khk.net khk@khk.net
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:17:53 -0500 (EST)

The scanner is fully supported with Sane. It is also correctly identified:
The GT-9300 is the internal name of the device. The name "Perfection 2400"
is not stored anywhere in the firmware, it's just printed on the outside.
The Sane backend only sees the internal name, and this is what it reports.
If you change the scanning mode on the commmand line, you will be able
to scan both grayscale and color in addition to the black&white (or
lineart mode).

Is it possible that RH9 unloads the driver if you are not scanning for
a while and has a problem reloading it? This is very likely not a Sane
problem, but a problem with your USB subsystem. I'm not familiar with
RH9, so I'm not in a position to comment on that. Sorry.

Karl Heinz