[sane-devel] HP5370C - Distorted image

gilles@ffii.org gilles@ffii.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:29:54 +0100

Hello.

First: Thanks a lot for your continuous efforts to make this scanner work with
Linux!

[Last time I had tried it (several months ago), with 'hpusbscsi', I had to
quickly power off the scanner as the awful noise and erratic motion of the
scanning made me believe it would fall apart...
Today I compiled kernel 2.6.0, and reading that 'hpusbscsci' was now
obsolete, I thought I could give it a try.]

Now the scanner doesn't seem to suffer anymore :-) but the image produced
is distorted: I'm among the unlucky ones who get a 45 degrees
shifted-wrapped image (cf. a post from November 26).

Is the source of the problem known?  Any chance that the scanner will be
working properly?  [Scanning is the last and only thing which I must do on
M$-Windows!]

Best regards,

Gilles

P.S.  System info:
# scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.13; backend version 1.0.13

Debian GNU/Linux testing/unstable