[sane-devel] RX500 MFP scanner

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:48:09 +0900

"M.B.W.D. Buitenhuis" <mbwdbuit@gmx.net> writes:

> Could someone help me to get the scanner part of this device working?
> I haven't got it working although I've got it recognised as a RX500.
> The problem is that it somehow cannot switch the device on.

For a sufficiently new version of sane-backends all that should be
needed is adding

  usb 0x04b8 0x0807

to your epson.conf.  Alternatively, you can add an entry for it in
epson_usb.c and recompile.  That would make the addition to epson.conf
superfluous.  You should at least be able to scan, other functionality
may not be fully supported.

> If I start xsane as a user I don't get to see the device, but as root it
> gives me the option of using my TV-card or the RX500 device.
> After selecting the RX500 xsane starts well. Now if I want to make a
> scan or a prescan it generates a message that it cant switch on the
> device. "wrong/false argument".

I doubt the v4l backend (using your TV-card) will work.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2