[sane-devel] Problems with mustek_pp and releasing the parallel port

Eddy De Greef edg1@tiscali.be
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:14:59 +0100

Op 10-01-04 21:59:13 schreef Jim George:
> Hi Eddy,
>
> I do have a printer connected to the same port.  It's an Epson Photo
> Stylus 820cxi if that makes any difference.

Have you tried disconnecting it?

> I tried turning off/on my scanner but that made no difference, then I
> rebooted and when I tried again I got the attached (which was the
> same as when I had to turn the scanner off/on).
>
> Could it be a simple configuration issue, something like using EPP on
> the port?

That's unlikely, but you never know. You can try changing the port
settings in the BIOS. You can usually choose between EPP, ECP, ...
Maybe it makes a difference.

> Anyway please find the SANE?I_PA4S2 output from this aborted
> attempted attached.

The scanner still isn't recognized. Can you still scan at all
in non-debug mode?

Best regards,

Eddy