[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Julian Gough gough@gsc.riken.jp
13 Jan 2004 00:03:57 +0900

Thanks for the info.

firstly there's no file ending in .bin in the windows directory. The
best I could find is "estwm.exe", so I used that. I couuld find on the
installation disk "LAYOUT.BIN", but that doesn't look useful to me. I
also just copied the file (estwm.exe) across to linux because my kernel
doesn't support the windows filesystem so I can't mount it.

I changed the snapscan.conf to include the line:
usb 0x04b8 0x0120

I didn't understand this:
> If possible please send me a debug log from
> "SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN scanimage -L > debug.log"

since SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN looks like a variable not a command, however
executing "scanimage -L" yields the usual:
No scanners were identified

Thanks for your help, I really want to get somewhere with this but
nothing I do seems to make a blind bit of difference. I'd be happier if
I was getting some errors.

Julian.

--
Julian Gough