[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:50:36 +0900

Julian Gough <gough@gsc.riken.jp> writes:

> Thanks for the info.
>
> firstly there's no file ending in .bin in the windows directory. The
> best I could find is "estwm.exe", so I used that. I couuld find on the
> installation disk "LAYOUT.BIN", but that doesn't look useful to me. I
> also just copied the file (estwm.exe) across to linux because my kernel
> doesn't support the windows filesystem so I can't mount it.

The file you are looking for is esfw3e.bin.

> I didn't understand this:
>> If possible please send me a debug log from
>> "SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN scanimage -L > debug.log"

Looks like Oliver forget to add a value there.  He probably meant

  SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -> > debug.log

> since SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN looks like a variable not a command, however
> executing "scanimage -L" yields the usual:
> No scanners were identified

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2