[sane-devel] [Canoscann5000F] Trying to analyse SniffUSB log

Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:04:13 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 08:44:22PM +0200, Thibault North wrote:
> I used sniffUSB while I plugged the scanner... and now I have to parse
> the  log file.
> Someone here gave me a script, spike4.pl : but nothings happends when I
> call it using : perl spike4.pl <filename>

Isn't it "perl spike4.pl < <filename>"?

> I read that USB-robot was good, but unfortunately I cannot install it
> here : I always got errors compiling...

USB robot can be used to send the USB commands to the scanner under
Linux. It uses the sniffusb logfile to fo that.

> Could somebody help me ?

I haven't used any of these tools so I can't talk about details. But
you must understand the sniffusb output anyway if you want to
understand the way how the host and the scanner communicate. Once you
know the basics of that communication, you can small programs to
filter out unneeded information.