[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro 12000T not recognized by SANE (plustek_pp backend)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:43:10 +0200

Hi Frank,

according to your logs, it seems, that at least the autodetection did not
work, this means, that some basic settings are not correct, esp. the
parport_pc driver, which seems to be loaded correctly has often been
reported to work after setting it's I/O addr and IRQ "by hand":
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=none

I'm not sure which system you are working at, on a kernel 2.4 system
check for /etc/modules.conf, on a 2.6 system for /etc/modprobe.conf

It seems to me, that esp. boxes with a VIA chipset need this to work
correctly.
As you are german, I suggest also to have a look @
http://www.linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?t=10525&sid=abea77a6883dd6c90c4b5a678171798b

There somebody describes hit way on a SuSE9.1 to make the 12000T work.

Hope this helps,
  Gerhard