[sane-devel] Re: DS3000 Scanner Backend

James A. Littlefield jal@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:32:41 -0400

    I do not have the original source for the driver (Chinon only
shipped a windows driver w/o source).     The scanner has both a
parallel port and a serial port interface.     The serial interface
command set is very well documented (and I am more familiar w/ using
serial comm. on Linux!)  so I  made a Linus program to talk to the
scanner on ttyS1.     Maybe after I get my serial sane backend working,
I will try a parallel version too.    If anyone has a recommendation for
some other make of serial scanner,  I could follow that backend as an
example!

Thanks,
jim