[sane-devel] Problems with SANE 1.0.13 and HP ScanJet 5300C

jdebert jdebert@garlic.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:11:39 -0700

Thomas R=F6sch wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>=20
> I installed Suse Linux 9.1 with SANE 1.0.13 two weeks ago and I am now =
trying=20
> to get my scanner HP ScanJet 5300C to work, but unfortunately without a=
ny=20
> success up to now.

I've noted that sane/xsane, amongst other things, has serious problems=20
with SuSE.

Seems SuSE does things differently. So much so that things that work on=20
non-SuSE systems do not work on SuSE systems.

USB UHCI is one of those major problem areas.

You might do better with sane,  etc. if you change from SuSE. But, if=20
you insist on SuSE, updating your system (via YaST) may help things work=20
a little better.

I have more problems with SuSE than with even windoze. (It seems that=20
SuSE9.x is ready to compete with windoze for the desktop.)

=3D-=3D