[sane-devel] Windows XP interfere with SANE

Javier Diaz-Reinoso javier_diaz_r@mac.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:16:55 -0500

I have an client with an Epson 1640SU Office working with scanimage.exe
in Windows XP.

I have problems using SANE alone, I need to install the Epson drivers
because when Windows detect the scanner always try to install the Epson
drivers and never stop trying. After that I need to manually deselect
this drivers otherwise this driver interfere with SANE. Now I need to
install in a lot of scanners, so this manual instalation is not really
good.

Perhaps a window user knows a procedure (config. file entry, etc...) to
stop this 'help' of Windows.

Javier Diaz-Reinoso
Web: http://homepage.mac.com/javier_diaz_r/