[sane-devel] 'scanner busy' 'no devices found' etc.

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:36:09 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:30:57PM +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> The command '/sbin/fuser -v /dev/usb/scanner0' produces no output.

My idea was that some application (e.g. a kde program) blocks the
scanner and kooka can somewhow handle that but xsane can't.

Usually if frontends behave that differently there are two versions of
sane installed on the same system. And 1.0.8 is quite old anyway so
make sure that you don't use 1.0.8 with scanimage/xsane and
1.0.something with kooka.

> > Does "scanimage -L" show your scanner?
>
> No, the output follows:-
>
> [graeme@barney graeme]$ scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L

should show some debug messages.