[sane-devel] Including the NIASH Backend...

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:20:19 +0200

Hi Bertrik,

On Thursday 22 July 2004 20:36, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
> Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > while checking some patches for SANE, I found that the guys at
> > http://packman.links2linux.de create their SANE rpm WITH the
> > niash backend. So it's available and somehow used by some
> > SuSE users...
> > It's also scheduled for inclusion since december 2003
> > Question: Why is it still not included?
>
> I am the maintainer of the niash backend.
> It has not been included because I have been lazy and not very
> interested anymore in updating/improving it.

that's sad :(
But from what I saw, there are some other guys in the project. What about
them?

> I wouldn't mind if someone would take over the project.
>
> Most of the issues mentioned on the list in december 2003 have
> been fixed in CVS but there has not been any release since then
> (I'll create one today).

Okay, so let's see from what is still missing - and thanks to Henning for
keeping all this stuff into his mind ;-)

Ciao,
  Gerhard