[sane-devel] Re: Fwd: Canon 2700f problem

Ulrich Deiters ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:37:19 +0200 (METDST)

>                              My question is, why and since when
> did the focus stop working? I've tried vuescan, which focusses quite
> alright, so the focus mechanism must work. I've tried the latest
> backend (0.14), and it has the same issues.

I wish I knew! I only have a 2710S and could not run any tests
on the older 2700. I think the first error reports came in after
I had put in focus support for the 2710S.

My suggestion is that you retrieve older Canon backends from CVS
(or I can mail them to you); you compile them and try them out
on your scanner until we know which version worked. I know that
this is tedious, but it seems to be the only way to find out
what exactly went wrong.

Regards,

Ulrich Deiters