[sane-devel] Success! 2.6.5 kernel, Agfa Snapscan 1212u!

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:19:20 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 03:53:21PM -0700, Victoria Welch wrote:
> I still have to choose between the tv tuner card and the
> flatbed.  Would be just as happy if the tv tuner didn't
> show up since xsane doesn't seem to like it enough to do
> anything with it.  If you delete the .drc for the tv card,
> it re-establishes itself as soon as you run xsane :-(.

To disable v4l completely, edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and comment out "v4l".
To start xsane with your scanner directly (without chosing):

xsane yourbackend (e.g. xsane plustek).

> -d, --device-settings file   load device settings from file
> (without ".drc")
>
> Seems to be ignored :-(.

Really? It justs loads the settings for one device. It doesn't set the
default device to use.