[sane-devel] Question About Mustek 600CP scanner on Suse 9.1

Eddy De Greef degreef@imec.be
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:54:03 +0200

On 15-06-04 17:10:24 Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> Neal Gamradt wrote:
> > [sanei_pa4s2] pa4s2_readbyte_nib: reading value 0xa5
> > from 'parport0'
> > [...]
> > [sanei_pa4s2] pa4s2_readbyte_nib: reading value 0x00
> > from 'parport0'
>
> the backend gets the correct value first, but later the scanner only
> returns the wrong value 0x00. To me this looks like the scanner got
> confused or something.
>
> Eddy, could you have a look at this?

After he compiled everything from source, upgraded his kernel,
and altered the parport BIOS settings, Neal's problem disappeared.
It's impossible to say what was the real problem, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Eddy