[sane-devel] Re: Undefined symbol in latest avision backend.

Rene Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:29:37 +0200 (CEST)

On: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:04:42 +0200,
    "Erik P. Olsen" <erik@epo.dk> wrote:
> Hi Rene,
> =

> I downloaded today the avision backend from your svn repository, but
> after installation I got from scanimage -L the following:
> =

> scanimage: error while loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/sane/libsane-avision.so.1: undefined symbol: sanei_thread_in=
it
> =

> In fact all sanei_thread_* are undefined symbols.
> =

> Do you have any cure for it?

This also happend to me when I only did a partial sane-backends
rebuild. Have you built the wohle sane-backends package from scratch?
Maybe you have an old libsanei.so.* lying around in parallel to the
new one?

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer