[sane-devel] Re: Undefined symbol in latest avision backend.

Rene Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:00:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:29:37 +0200 (CEST),
    Rene Rebe <rene@rocklinux-consulting.de> wrote:

> This also happend to me when I only did a partial sane-backends
> rebuild. Have you built the wohle sane-backends package from scratch?=

> Maybe you have an old libsanei.so.* lying around in parallel to the
> new one?

Ah now I see why this happens, you need this line in your
backend/Makefile in oder to link against the sanei_thread library:

libsane-avision.la: ../sanei/sanei_thread.lo

Just put it near the other libsane-avision.la: lines already present
there ... (if you want to rerun ./configure you either need to put it
again into the file - or also place it in the backends/Makefile.in -
since the Makefile is generated from the .in one ...

Can you test if scanning works well if you put this into the
/etc/sane.d/avision.conf (or the config file used in your
configuration):

disable-calibration

and tell me if the scans with disabled calibration are correct,
without shifting?

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer