[sane-devel] On what basis the device speciific structure will be defined??

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:58:56 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:03:59AM -0700, j d wrote:
>           How are you?

Fine. But there are other people on this list :-)

> I have gone through the sample scanner drvier written by you,

Could you explain which sample driver you mean? A specific SANE
backend or the Linux kernel scanner driver?

> now my question for you
> is, on what basis you have been defined the "Structure
> to hold all of our device specific stuff", if I need
> to define a same kind of structure for an another
> scanner, what are the things I need to take into
> consideration or can i blindly follow the same
> structure, what you have been defined?
> or can I use
> the one which is defined in usb-skelton.c? Hope to see
> an early and positive reply from you, Thank you,

usb-skeleton.c is part of the kernel. So this mail is about the kernel
scanner driver?

Can you explain what you intend to achieve?