[sane-devel] how to return paper size

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:32:17 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:00:01AM +0100, Oliver Schirrmeister wrote:
> when I use the document feeder my scanner can tell me the paper size
> How do I return this information with sane?

I think there is no way in SANE currently. While you can just set up a
read-only option to hold the paper size, the frontend won't read that
option automatically when you insert paper. So it will work that way
when the paper is already there when the frontend is started.

For more "intelligence" polling is needed (see button discussion).

Obviously the frontend also needs to know what to do with the option
value to be useful.