[sane-devel] Problems with libusb and Snapscan 1236U (maybe similar to others): USB dump

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:00:42 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:44:26PM -0500, m. allan noah wrote:
> reset is the past tense of reset, since you asked. (dont ask, its
> english).

I was actually asking if it was the endpoint reset that triggered the
bug. But I think that was correct. Concerning the spelling: thanks,
also fixed in a manpage now :-)

> is there any way for a backend to tell what the current status of the
> toggle is, before closing the connection?

With libusb? I don't think so. But counting packets works fine. I've
implemented it in the mustek_usb backend now and (at least for me)
there are no more timeouts.