[sane-devel] Visioneer Strobe XP100 (need help)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:23:51 +0100

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 22:21, G. Naik wrote:
> I have a created a few logs with USB snoopy and the newer USB sniff,
> but they are very large in size.  I'm going to try and sort through
> them and find the relevant URBs.

Okay, probably you find some URBs which address the registers, size
should be 64bytes

> In the meantime, I did some searching through the registry for
> Visioneer, but didn't find anything interesting.  What exactly am I
> looking for?  We have the code for the LM9833, I am assuming the
> missing information is motor settings (ie getting the scanner the feed
> the paper).
>
> Is my assumption correct?

Yeap, as almost all LM983x Windoze drivers are based on the sample
implementation of National Semiconductor, they use a rather similar
ini-file or ini registry entries and there I got a lot of information from...

First of all, we need to figure out how the paper-transport is started.
When you take a look at the file plustek-usbdevs.c and search for
DEVCAPSFLAG_Adf, you'll find two entries. These address devices,
that have ADF. Throughout the code there are also some SOURCE_ADF
lines, which address the case, a user has selected ADF as source,
probably for the XP100 we need to enable exactly this to make the
device work - just a guess.

Can you put the logs to some web-space?

Gerhard