[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4100C -- Linux 2.6.3 -- SANE backends 1.0.13 -- Not working

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:29:31 +0000

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 15:08, Johannes Niediek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have trouble scanning images with the following configuration:
> HP ScanJet 4100C -- Linux 2.6.3 -- SANE 1.0.13
>
> When I was using Linux 2.4.19, everything worked fine, but as of 2.6.3,
> I cannot use the scanner kernel module anymore.
>
> The scanner can either not be found, or when it's found, I cannot scan
> images because it either interrupts with an I/O error or doesn't do
> anything at all.
>
> Peter Kirchgessner was so nice to send me an altered sane backend, but
> this doesn't find the scanner at all.
>
> I will be very pleased if someone helps me.
>
> Johannes Niediek

Maybe hotplug problems:
check sane-backend/tools/hotplug  (README) and files
check etc/hotplug/blacklist on disabled kernel modules
check /etc/fstab          none /proc/bus/usb  usbfs  defaults 0 0
and  maybe                none /sys/bus/usb   usbfs  defaults 0 0

check with /proc/bus/usb/xx/yy on rw rights for scanner
--
m.vr.gr.