[sane-devel] minor: libusb not recognized

Enrico Weigelt weigelt@metux.de
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:49:19 +0000

* Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> [2004-03-30 18:42:01 +0200]:

<snip>
> libusb and it's header file must be present when configure is run.
> Usually the missing header file causes that trouble.
yes, but that's very confusing.

better introduce a --enable-libusb configure option, which will check for
libusb and aborts with an error message when libusb is not found.

we also should have a clear modeling of optional features and
dependencies, since this would make the life of packager's much easier.

btw: the current libusb is broken - it's libfiles' names are missing .so.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481
   -- DSL-Zugang ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting --