[sane-devel] sane and mingw/msys

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Sat, 1 May 2004 12:26:43 +0200

[please CC to me since I not subscribed ATM]

Hi,
I am still trying to have sane working with my usb scanner (epson perfection
1670 photo) under Windows but still without luck.

I did tried in april using cygwin and maybe you read my posts. I did managed to
compile sane but it wasn't working with the libusb. Then I found in the libusb-win32
web site that libusb isn't workin in cygwin.

I am now trying to compile sane using msys/mingw since libusb is working in that
environment, but it seems that sane isn't compilable with mingw because the
sys/socket.h is missing. Indeed it is missing since mingw uses winsocket.h.

Do you know if someone is working on this subject? Are there any plan to
port sane to msys/mingw? Or do you have any idea about when will libusb be
working on cygwin?

I thank you very much,
Giuseppe