[sane-devel] missing PFU alias QUATO

Thomas Olbrich t.olbrich@t-online.de
Thu, 06 May 2004 01:30:17 +0200

apple profiler says:
> SCSI-Bus:
>
> PFU PS4800:
>
>   Hersteller:	PFU
>   Modell:	PS4800
>   Version:	3.01
>   Ziel:	3
>   SCSI LUN:	0

Terminal, OS 10.3, doesn't know this command:
> Last login: Thu May  6 00:20:24 on console
> Welcome to Darwin!
> [G3:~] ot% sane-find-scanner -v -v
> tcsh: sane-find-scanner: Command not found.
> [G3:~] ot%

installed SANE:
- sane-backends.pkg  - 1.0.14
- libusb.pkg - 0.1.8
- TWAIN-SANE-Interface.pkg - 0.7
(http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/)

It scans with its original app (ps-plugin) on os9 boot only (neither
classic nor osx).
It scans from osx only with SilverFast 6.1.or7 (demo).

The scanner is SCSI, in chain with yamaha cdrw (extern) and ibm hd
(intern), via formac scsi pci card.

How do i start a sane scan? After sane installation command-f finds
this "sane":

> SANE ....msf
> TWAIN-SANE-Interface.pkg
> sane-backends.pkg
> SANE ...
> SANE.icns
> SANE
> SANE.ds

help?
> Last login: Thu May  6 00:23:43 on ttyp2
> Welcome to Darwin!
> [G3:~] ot% man
> What manual page do you want?
> [G3:~] ot% sane
> tcsh: sane: Command not found.
> [G3:~] ot%

thx,
ot
--

--
thomas olbrich   |   o.T.  |   koeln
+49 221 9525101    |    fax +49 221 9525102