[sane-devel] "stop and go" and colour lines with epson 1250

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:26:54 +0200

Hi,

the 1250 is a "stupid" LM983x based scanner which knows nothing about
jpeg compression. The stop and go is a "feature" of the LM983x to avoid
data loss (of course you encounter this problem...)

I think that the libusb and or the usb-stack itself is the problem. I've
currently not testet here with 2.6 kernels.
Another thing is the image size you scan. Tests showed, that scanning
only small portions of a picture in 600dpi will work fine (of course - less
data), while scanning larger portions will not work very well, but full-size
scanning @300dpi should be no problem, at least with the plustek backend.

Can you switch back to 2.4 kernel?

Ciao,
  Gerhard