[sane-devel] "stop and go" and colour lines with epson 1250

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Fri, 7 May 2004 10:11:51 -0400 (EDT)

if this scanner is usb 1.1 and capable of jpeg compression in hardware,
that might explain the difference, since color scans at anything above 200
dpi can usually fill the usb. windows might use the jpeg compression, and
sane might not.

another possible cause might be usb packet timeouts. are there any error
messages in /var/log/messages?

but i dont know much about epsons...

allan