[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU + ADF

Alex sane@ceoris.org
Fri, 7 May 2004 22:00:16 +0400 (RET)

Hi!

I have an Epson 1640SU office scanner and I am trying to make the document
feeder work. I saw in the archives this may be quite difficult... I am
running 2.6.5 kernel and the scanner is USB pluged. Here are the version
of sane I am using:

dpkg -l | grep sane
ii  libsane        1.0.13-4       API library for scanners
ii  sane           1.0.11-3       Scanner graphical frontends
ii  sane-utils     1.0.13-4       API library for scanners -- utilities
ii  xsane          0.92-2         A gtk-based X11 frontend for SANE

/etc/sane.d/epson.conf contains only 'usb', the scanner is well
recognized:

scanimage -L
device `epson:libusb:001:003' is a Epson Perfection1640 flatbed scanner

All works fine in flatbed mode so I tried to use my automatic document
feeder. And this is the problem: I don't have any ADF option in source
parameter of scanimage:

scanimage -h
 Optional equipment:
    --source Flatbed|Transparency Unit [Flatbed]
        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).

I don't have any Transparency unit...

So, is it possible to make the ADF work with epson 1640SU with 2.6 kernel
and USB? Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks.
Alex