[sane-devel] Epson 1640SU + ADF

Alex sane@ceoris.org
Sat, 8 May 2004 18:53:15 +0400 (RET)

Hi !

It seems i got problems with my precedent message. Sorry if I sent two...

> >scanimage -h
> > Optional equipment:
> >    --source Flatbed|Transparency Unit [Flatbed]
> >        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).

Well, I don't know really why but now I have the ADF option and the feeder
initialize when I turn on the scanner...

	scanimage -h

returns

	 Optional equipment:
    --source Flatbed|Automatic Document Feeder [Flatbed]
        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).

> I use an Epson 1640SU too and it works here, but not out of the box.
> I use kernel 2.6.6-rc3.  In  sane-backends-1.0.14/backend/epson.c
> make the feed() function to immediately return SANE_STATUS_GOOD;

Thank you Klaus... But I have a little question. I am using Debian and I
don't have any epson.c file...

dpkg -l | grep sane
ii  libsane        1.0.13-4       API library for scanners
ii  sane           1.0.11-3       Scanner graphical frontends
ii  sane-utils     1.0.13-4       API library for scanners -- utilities
ii  xsane          0.92-2         A gtk-based X11 frontend for SANE

Do I have to install manually the sane-backends-1.0.14 ? The debian
package for sane-backends is libsane, isn't it? If I install a new one
manually, won't it be in conflict?

> Then use scanimage -d epson:libusb:00x:00x  --source "Automatic Document
> Feeder" .. and it should work.

I tested with my actual configuration and got

scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

Thank you!
Alex