[sane-devel] missing PFU alias QUATO

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 20 May 2004 08:53:28 -0400 (EDT)

thomas, do you have the ability to compile sane yourself? if so, you could=
=20
try changing the fujitsu backend to accept PFU instead of FUJITSU as the=20
vendor name, and we could get some more debugging info.

without being able to get my hands on one of these or get a way to talk to=
=20
it on a platform where we can compile something, i cant tell if the=20
other fujitsus (fujitsi?) are similar.

allan

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Thomas Olbrich wrote:

> Mattias Ellert wrote:
>=20
> >> (...)
> >> Last login: Mon May 17 20:06:59 on console
> >> Welcome to Darwin!
> >> [G3:~] ot% /usr/local/bin sane-find-scanner -v -v
> >> tcsh: /usr/local/bin: Permission denied.
> >> [G3:~] ot% sudo /usr/local/bin sane-find-scanner -v -v
> >> Password:
> >> sudo: /usr/local/bin: command not found
> >=20
> >=20
> > Try:
> >=20
> > /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner -v -v
>=20
> Yep, this worked:
>=20
> [G3:~] ot% /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner -v -v
> searching for SCSI scanners:
>    # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make=20
> sure that
>    # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
>=20
> > If your scanner is the QUATO x-finity it is listed as unsupported in th=
e=20
> > SANE database, in which case none of the backends work with your=20
> > scanner. In this case the =E2=9F=A8name of your backend=E2=9F=A9 does n=
ot exist.
> >=20
> >     Mattias
>=20
> Thank you. and sorry for 'unneccessary insisting'.
> thomas
>=20
>=20
>=20