[sane-devel] Re: Error during device I/O

t takahashi gambarimasu+spamsucks@gmail.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:27:15 -0700

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:
> Does it also happen if you scan single pages (no batch-scan)? Does it
> always happen after the first scan succeeded as your log shows?

Once it is in an error state, running scanimage without batch-scan
continues to produce the error and nothing except a (lengthy) power
cycle seems to fix it.  (Not even restarting the daemons, etc.)

If I run scanimage from a good state without batch-scan, it seems to
work, but I rarely do so (stacks of documents take too long that way).

Thanks for replying.

P.S.  I tried sending this via gmane, using my reply-to address, but
perhaps the mailing list doesn't get the ...+...@gmail.com notation or
gmane doesn't use the right address for the list (something about
mostang) and this reply didn't get posted.  So I'm doing this by cut
and paste.  I hope I got the headers right.  Maybe I will have to just
receive the list by email instead of using gmane, so that my posts
have the right headers?